Barbour and Barbour International are two distinct brands owned by the British clothing company J. Barbour & sons Ltd. Although they share some similarities, there are also several differences between the two brands.
1. History: Barbour is a heritage brand that has been around since 1894. It is know for its classic waxed cotton jackets, which are popular among outdoor enthusiasts and country folk.
Barbour International , on the other hand, was introduced in 1936 as a line of motorcycle clothing. It was originally designed to meet the needs of motorcyclists and has since become a popular brand among fashion conscious consumers.
2. Style: Barbour jackets are known for their traditional, timeless style. They are often associated with the British countryside and are favored by hunters, fishers, and farmers.
Barbour International, on the other hand, has a more urban, edgy style that is inspired by motorcycle culture. Its jackets often feature a slimmer, more modern fit and incorporate elements like zippers, studs and, leather trim.
3. Materials: Both Barbour and Barbour International use high quality materials in their jackets, but they differ in the types of fabric they use. Barbour jackets are primarily made from waxed cotton, which is water resistant and durable.
Barbour International, on the other hand, often incorporate materials like leather, nylon, and polyester which are designed to offer more protection and durability for motorcycle riders.
4. Colors: Barbour jackets come in a wide range of colors, but they tend to be more traditional and subdued, with greens, browns, and blues being popular choices.
Barbour international jackets are more likely to come in bold, bright colors like red, yellow and orange.
5. Price: Both Barbour and Barbour International jackets are considered to be high-end, premium products, but there are differences in their pricing. Barbour jackets tend to be more affordable than Barbour International jackets, although both brands offer a range of products at different price points.
In summary, while both Barbour and Barbour International are known for producing high quality jackets, they differ in their history, style, materials, colors, and price. Barbour has a traditional, timeless appeal, while Barbour International is more edgy and modern.